PDA

View Full Version : UFFT: Link vs. Vincent - Opening Round

Xenonstar
Apr 22, 2006, 02:44 PM
Vote for who you believe wins this matchup. Poll closes in 24 hours.

Winner advances to face either Knuckles or Luigi.

Mig
Apr 22, 2006, 02:45 PM
Vincent just kicks too much ass to lose this one. Period.

Mysterious Being
Apr 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
Wasn't going to get involved in this but...

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU PICK VINCENT OVER LINK?!?!?!

That'll be all.

ThePrankster.
Apr 22, 2006, 03:39 PM
Link of course

Haywire
Apr 22, 2006, 04:06 PM
C'mon Link, kick that second-rate gunman's ass!

Zeron
Apr 22, 2006, 04:25 PM
Yep, has to be Link...although, has he ever said anything? Not much of a character there really, is there? Well, some of the best don't need to talk, he's got my vote.

Adam
Apr 22, 2006, 04:41 PM
Link would beat Vincent hands down...

So Link!

Porslinsankan
Apr 22, 2006, 04:57 PM
Yep, has to be Link...although, has he ever said anything? Not much of a character there really, is there? Well, some of the best don't need to talk, he's got my vote.

He has :D

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/two-horrible-horrible-zelda-beginnings-162757.php

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/zelda/two-horrible-horrible-zelda-endings-162670.php

For the safety of you sanity I don't recommend that you watch these though.
(This is the beginnings/endings of both Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and Zelda: Faces of evil for the Phillips CD-i)

tenatios idiot
Apr 22, 2006, 05:05 PM
vincent would obviously win
I mean while links messin round with his fancy man sword techniques vincent would just shoot him :P

Shned
Apr 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
I don't give a shit about Link when it comes to Vincent. Limit into Hellmasker, and you'll be left with only an ear.

Tallulah
Apr 22, 2006, 05:43 PM
Vincent all the way! Link cannot win with that toothpick sword!

Lord DB
Apr 22, 2006, 05:49 PM
My vote goes to Link - I mean, come on, Zelda in itself gets much more praise than FF :P

Kat
Apr 22, 2006, 06:17 PM
Link. <3 No one else wears green like he does. :D

BoardshortBandit
Apr 22, 2006, 06:23 PM
Vincent. Of course.

Zeron
Apr 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
Peter Pan does!
And I guess I haven't played those games where he talks...I can't believe they ruined it!

Sioux
Apr 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
Please, Link has probably has four times as many games and game appearances than Vincent, plus Vincent barley has two games and has only appeared in a movie, one that fails hard in a lot of areas.

Link also would just block the bullets in a rapid flurry of pegasus boot moves and roc feather loops, spins, jumps and such.

And that shield, Nothing is getting past it. Plus, all those magic spells avaliable to him would bring him on back. And having so many fairies there to bring him back is an additional plus as is having very good armor like clothing.

Vincent's gay Materia would only work so long.

Vincent is good, but he is not that good.

Link for the damn win.

BZero
Apr 23, 2006, 12:50 AM
OK, the Zelda games are awesome, but there is nothing good about the character of Link. He has no backstory, no personality, not even any dialogue (except in some really obscure games no one cares about). Link could have been replaced by any random guy capable of jumping and wielding a sword, and the games wouldn't be any different at all. Link is as generic as video game heroes get. To sum up: The games are good, the main character isn't.

Vincent is also a madly overrated character that I'm not a big fan of at all, but at least he has a backstory, some personality and even a few spoken lines during the course of the game. And seeing as any character with dialogue > a generic mute like Link, Vincent gets my vote here.

Sam
Apr 23, 2006, 02:01 PM
Link all the way, Vincent has nothing on him.

Xenonstar
Apr 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
Link advances to the Sweet Sixteen and will face Knuckles/Luigi.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=157326