Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
It pays to eat your M&Ms - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Conference room > Recycle Bin

Old Nov 22, 2002, 12:42 AM   #1
Akiross

It pays to eat your M&Ms

Reading the wrapper of the latest M&M's peanut candy bag, it says I can win 100 million Japanese yen(about $815,000 US) if the contents are all purple M&M's.

I sure could find uses for that extra yen. If you do find that magic bag of M&Ms and win, what would you do with the money? Save it for a rainy day? Buy a house? Buy Square stock? Exchange it into your country's currency and shop till ya drop? Buy more M&Ms?
Old Nov 22, 2002, 12:48 AM   #2
Izlude
A Plain Morning

Send a message via ICQ to Izlude Send a message via AIM to Izlude
I'd go on a trip to Belgium for awhile. Then I'd save the rest and when I turn eighteen, I'd move over there...

Not sure what I'd do with the rest... Nothing else I really want.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 01:26 AM   #3
Kuro
HIIIIIII!!!!

Ooo... so many things I'd like to do... hmm... where to start!! Drat, I don't think that's enough to take over the world with... Hehehe. Ah well.

1. Pay off my loans. Loans. Bah. Evil.

2. Buy a house for Roy and myself. Here in Hawaii. That eats up a good portion right there.

3. Take a few trips here and there... and everywhere... so beware! ...

4. ...and get Bee that Rose action figure she's been wanting. Not to mention the FF soundtracks. Mwahahaha!!!

5. Buy a pack of Skittles and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

6. Put about $20K in the bank.

7. Give the rest to my parents and family members. They'd probably have things they wanna do with some extra cash, too.

Old Nov 22, 2002, 01:27 AM   #4
Yami DTL
Kimi no kokoro ni donna hana ga saku no

Send a message via AIM to Yami DTL
Whoa, cool. If I won that much money I would

Go to Japan to get a Sega Master System
Get Sonic The Hedgehog CD in japanese
Buy a computer
get every game on every system
buy a store (bwhahahaha!!

and much more
Old Nov 22, 2002, 02:24 AM   #5
Flicky

I'd get Jason here asap and also pay mum what I owe her and buy some stuff, then save the rest.

It would be about $1,630,000 AU

EDIT- BTW you can buy packets here of just all purple

A LHH counsellor, specializing with family probs. Feel free to PM me

I'm not around on these boards as often as I'd wanta be. So if you don't see me posting, I'm still around.

Last edited by Flicky; Nov 22, 2002 at 02:26 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 02:47 AM   #6
CowgirlWolf

Send a message via AIM to CowgirlWolf Send a message via Yahoo to CowgirlWolf
SHOPPING SPREE!
I'd probably go to my favorite haunts and by crap-loads of videogames,cds,plushies and other stuff.With Christmas coming up though, I'd spend a lot of it on spiffy gifts for my friends and family
Old Nov 22, 2002, 03:08 AM   #7
Bliss
"We could be heroes... forever and ever..."

I'd definitely go on a shopping spree!!!! Or go for a visit to the Chocolate Factory - oops, I think I messed that up.

I'd get a PS2, a new computer, tons of videogames, tons of DVDs, tons of books, tons of music cds, blah blah blah..... and use part of it as part of my plan for world domination. The remaining will split equally between my family members.... selfish me, right?

Old Nov 22, 2002, 03:12 AM   #8
Aiyu
Kill them with kindness.

Send a message via AIM to Aiyu Send a message via Skype™ to Aiyu
There's so many stuff I want to do.

1. Get a big screen tv.

2. Get a bigger house

3. Get a better computer

4. Another PS2

5. A Gamecube

6. A whole lot of anime stuff

7. I would go to Japan.

And the point is, to live everything.
Live the questions now.
Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 03:31 AM   #9
Bahamutzer0
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Bahamutzer0
You know, theres a lot of things Id love to do with eight-hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. Buy several nice cars, some nice Playstation stuff, some investments, a niiiiiiiice 200 thousand dollar checking account balance......set some aside for collage......
But, they say money doesnt buy happiness. Id take the cash, set some aside for collage, maybe buy a car, and I'd like to think that I would give most of it away to charities so people who could actually use it would. I cant say for sure thats what I WOULD do, but being rich gets in the way of so many simple pleasures, Im not even sure If I would want to be rich. So maybe I'd just eat the purple M+M's and get a nice satisfaction out of the simple pleasure of chocolate and penuts. In my mind, it would almost be better to not get the money and enjoy a simple pleasure than get it and let it corrupt me.

(Which is not to say that it would corrupt any of you, those are all things I would love to get too. But personally, I would almost rather NOT be rich.)
Old Nov 22, 2002, 06:03 AM   #10
ArrowCat

Send a message via AIM to ArrowCat Send a message via MSN to ArrowCat
I would put a bunch of it in a vault for college. Lock it away.

Then I'd buy a few choice items, probably video-game and book related...

And then blow the rest on more M&Ms. Hell, the odds can't be much worse than the first time...

I'm a LHH junior councellor, so if you are feeling down or need to talk to someone about something you would rather not publically post, feel free to PM me and discuss the matter in complete confidetiality.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 06:07 AM   #11
Dagger aka Garnet

I would be soo happy! First thing I would do would be....Scream..scream one of those really really loud screams us girls scream ;p. Then I would get airline Tickets for my Daddy,lil Cuz and Me so we could go on Vacation. I know my mum wouldnt wanna go --. And then! I would move somewhere out of the USA and Buy a Laptop and then with the rest I would SHOP TILL I DROP lol o.o.. I might save a bit of it though.

Garnet:Zidane...Remember the way I was....For me.

~*~Garnet aka Dagger~*~

-
Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is, in fact, frowned upon in most societies.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 02:21 PM   #12
Beatrix the Goddess
Rose of May

Send a message via MSN to Beatrix the Goddess
Quote:
4. ...and get Bee that Rose action figure she's been wanting. Not to mention the FF soundtracks. Mwahahaha!!
*makes a custom-made packet of all-purple M&Ms and deposits it in Kuro's refridgerator*

Look at it! Look at it sitting there waiting for me! And it's out of reach because my mother won't have a credit card Stupid debit cards...

Hmm, well first of all I'd be a good little girl (!) and put the majority of it in the bank or invest it or something. Then I'd donate a large amount of the rest to various charities & projects. Cats Protection League, Cancer Research, Save the Children, RSPCA, NSPCC, MIND, Barnados, RNIB, RNLI, Samaritans, WorldVision, WaterAid, Childline, Blue Cross, Red Cross, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Salvation Army, God there's so many.......it'd be nice to give something more than pocket change for once, you know?

Then there'd be my friends and family. Most of them would be too proud, or would feel too much guilt, if I just gave them a lump sum, so I'd probably give it to them in the form of things that they've always wanted (Although handing out 30 three floored, ten bedroomed mansions with five square miles of land, an indoor Olympic sized swimming pool, with jacuzzi & sauna might be a little too much ). I like to be generous....so I'd buy them all the things I could.

And then..........

SPREEEEEEEEE

Every console & every game. Just to see what I'm missing.

Whatever Final Fantasy merchandise I could get my greedy little hands on.

" " Legend of Dragoon " " " " "

My own three floored, ten bedroomed mansion with five square miles of land, indoor Olympic sized swimming pool with jacuzzi and sau- you get the idea.

An extremely large library. Maybe not with every book in the world, because there's nothing worse than staring at a whole shelf of books that you know you won't like (the Sweet Valley High section at my local library...*shudder*), but I'd get nice editions of all the books I know I like, and then let myself be guided by other people who understood my tastes.

Some anime. Curse terrestrial TV!!

Plastic surgery ( )

Squaresoft ( Actually, scratch that. I'll just buy Japan! )

Any videos or DVDs that happened to take my fancy.

Disneyland ( )

I'm not too bothered about cars....I'd just get one that goes.

Hmm.....there's not really too many things I (seriously) want, on the materialistic front.

As moderator for the Last Homely House, feel free to pm or email me if you want to talk about any problems you're having. I'm happy to try to help & to talk things through with you if you feel in need of support, and everything will be in strict confidence. Your status on the board is irrelevant; absolutely anyone can contact me for help

Last edited by Beatrix the Goddess; Nov 22, 2002 at 02:23 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 08:14 PM   #13
Zidane's True Love
Death is no joke, neither is life
Banned forever

Though the odds of producing all purple M&Ms in a single bag out of trillions of make is infinantesimal, it would probably take luck to get a wrench thrown into their gears before they even consider making a bag full of purple M&Ms. Ironically, I just ate a bag for the first time yesterday. It got terribly tasting halfway through since chocolate is so bitter. And then I noticed the thing on the bag. It ain't gonna happen most likely, but hey no shame striving.

As for the money, as I always say. Invest Invest Invest. I'm fine now, I'll be better off with the money when I get the interest. After that... I dunno. I haven't thought that far yet...

Zidane's True Love, the Lone Wolf

"There is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact, it's all dark!"
Old Nov 23, 2002, 02:06 AM   #14
Sakura

Send a message via ICQ to Sakura Send a message via AIM to Sakura Send a message via MSN to Sakura
I would buy a new house!!!
And hv a trip to Toronto and visit my bf~~~

~*Plz God- If u can't make me thin, make all my frds fat!! XD*~
Old Nov 23, 2002, 02:15 AM   #15
Akiross

Quote:
Originally posted by Zidane's True Love
Though the odds of producing all purple M&Ms in a single bag out of trillions of make is infinantesimal, it would probably take luck to get a wrench thrown into their gears before they even consider making a bag full of purple M&Ms.
According to their website, 1 in 188,375,000. Not exactly trillions like you think. Pretty good odds, considering. Paid as 20 year annuity without interest too.

*goes to eat another bag of M&Ms*

Last edited by Akiross; Nov 23, 2002 at 02:17 AM.