Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
In My Dearest Memories... - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Conference room > Recycle Bin

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:41 AM   #1
Kuro
HIIIIIII!!!!

In My Dearest Memories...

I was just thinking about this as I was listening to the FF9 soundtrack tonight. The Hilde Guarde III Theme started playing, in all its spectacular glory. I swear that theme has the most "WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!" value of all the Final Fantasy music I've ever listened to.

So as I was "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee"-ing, I realized that the entire FF9 soundtrack, each and every song in it, really carries a lot of memories with it. I'm not quite sure how or why, but it does.

Which, of the choices listed, do you think carries the most "emotion" for you? Which would most make you want to play FF9 again, after seeing or hearing it?

Is it the music? The artwork? An anecdote or a line from the game? Or something else? Hehe, I know it may be a hard choice. Eh-heh... maybe flip a coin or something.

---

As I said above, I think the music brings back the most memories for me. Every time I listen to the very first part of "Melodies of Life," I just get this image of Alexandria castle, and the words, "So I sang your song." "Our song." It never fails to do that to me.

Then whenever I'm listening to the battle theme, or the Hilde Guarde III theme, I start bouncing off walls! WOOHOO!!

And then there's songs like "Rose of May," and "Where Love Doesn't Reach," which just remind me of the game in general. Rose of May makes me think about Beatrix, definitely, but it also reminds me of UFF9 for some reason. I think I associate that song with Bee. Heh-heh. And then there's "You're Not Alone." I can't say how awesome that music is. When I hear it, I always remember the first time I played that part of the game, but I also seem to think of Freya's words the most. "How foolish of you to go off alone."

So for me, it's definitely the music of FF9.

---

What about for you?

Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:48 AM   #2
Vivi_Stalker

For me, it's a tie between the music, or just a small line. It's really sad to be able to have any discussion remind me of FF9!

I just get that warm, fuzzy feeling when I hear a memorable line...
The music really sets the background for me, and when you see the words, maybe even just a familiar one-liner, it comes rushing back, and I'm in the moment once again!

Credit to Kuro. :3
----
I'm a Junior LHH Counselor! PM me if you need someone to lend an ear.

----

*~W.W.V.D ~*

Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:54 AM   #3
Kuro
HIIIIIII!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vivi_Stalker
For me, it's a tie between the music, or just a small line. It's really sad to be able to have any discussion remind me of FF9!
It's not sad, Veestah! I've gotta admit, sometimes a random comment will somehow remind me of FF9, too. Not to mention whenever I walk by anything soft, I have to resist the urge to grab it and say, "Ooo... soft!"

There are always things that remind me of FF9 somehow. Things like love songs remind me of FF9 a lot. The other week I was watching Titanic, and even THAT movie reminded me of FF9.

... I really have been playing too much FF9...!

Old Nov 22, 2002, 01:37 PM   #4
Bliss
"We could be heroes... forever and ever..."

For me it's definitely the music. And not just FFIX music, too. Things like music from FFVII and FFVIII remind me of songs from FFIX. And then, of course, I look at Sephiroth in his 'thinking position', and I go 'KUJIEEEEE!!!!" I look at Cloud scratching his head, and I go, "ZIIIIIDEEEEE!!!" I relate everything to FFIX. Never to any other game.

I hear Boss Theme, think of Black Waltz. I hear Overworld Theme, think of area outside Alexandria. I hear battle theme, think of Grand Dragons. I hear "The Sneaky Frog and the Scoundrel", I get nightmares. Ok, not really, but close to that..... I get anxiety attacks everytime I play that part of the game.

Everyhting, and I mean everything, reminds me of FFIX. Some way or other. You know you're palying too much FFIX when this happens. Now, where to get that Moonstone? Ok, straying off topic here....

Old Nov 22, 2002, 10:47 PM   #5
Dagger aka Garnet

For me,its mainly watching the videos I have of FF9 like the Linkin Park one,Melodies of Life,Gravity of Love , I Will Always Love You , And She's So High. Just Seeing all the FMVs in them Bring back memories and make me wanna play FF9 again . Also Songs and lines from the game make me wanna play it again.

Garnet:Zidane...Remember the way I was....For me.

~*~Garnet aka Dagger~*~

-
Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is, in fact, frowned upon in most societies.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 02:43 AM   #6
Yami DTL
Kimi no kokoro ni donna hana ga saku no

Send a message via AIM to Yami DTL
The music. I really liked listening to the music in FF9. It was very cool, I wanted to play it again to hear it.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 02:56 AM   #7
Zidane's True Love
Death is no joke, neither is life
Banned forever

Music has always been a weakness for me. Yeah you can tell lots from a silent movie. But it takes something as powerful as music to boost and flood your soul with emotions.

From the first time I listened to the boss music fight, you get that sense that you, of all people, a thief, goes and rescue a princess. Kinda like those damsels in distress kinda things. Yeah you fight the plant brain and when he casts thunder, there goes the crecendo part of the boss music and boom! It does 73 damage on you! You get that urge to do some payback, or that you are in the middle of struggling to survive. Tension is high, nerves frayed, chances of living nebulous. If you focus into the music into your gameplay, or at least I do, I get the kinda feeling of being swept away into the game and actually performing the fight myself in a life and death battle for the princess.

For the princess. I think the boss fight musics were nicely done. Trumpet, drums, and the bass sounding beats of it all. Kinda like you're fighting for goodness and love and for the sake of the princess's survival as if it's a holy grail. That's the kinda feeling I get when I listen to the boss music while protecting and rescuing the princess in places like Evil Forest, Ice Cavern, when you fight Beatrix the third time. And the same can be done in reversal. Dagger casts Judgement Bolt on Taharka after he does a Blizzaga attack on Zidane. Music automatically pursuades me to have Zidane's true love to counterattack for him by doing Judgement Bolt. That's one example of how music swings me off my feet.

Beauty can also be depicted in song. Listen to the Terra theme. And now watch the screen. See the blue? See the crystal-like water that's near stand still? Watch the reflection of the ground portrayed in the water. And the lights. Red glowing matter and the atmosphere seems to luminese the hues of blue. My point is that without music, you probably wouldn't be feeling this way. Eyes can only tell so much. You need to listen, gather the beautry of the song and hear what it implies of the setting, that it is beautiful, glamorous as far as the monitor shows.

Another example of beauty which is pretty obvious is the end. This song called Beyond That Door seems to make me cry every time I watch the ending movie. It's the combination of a romantic twist and a romantic ending enhanced by a rather sweet sounding melody. A sense of finality, victory, and pride seems to fill your heart doesn't it? It does for me. Even the ending song's title seems to make me happy and cry. I just think about what this song's name is. "Oh it's Melodies of Life! What a lovely title for a lovely time." I think that, and it just fills me with joy.

Music is a powerful element to me. No different in Final Fantasy IX, as it expresses much more to my mind. As you can tell I can ramble all day about music, but I'm not going to.

Zidane's True Love, the Lone Wolf

"There is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact, it's all dark!"
Old Nov 23, 2002, 03:18 AM   #8
Kat

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat
Definitely the music!!
the art & words never fail to amaze me, too... buuuuuuuuuuut!!

MUSIC GETS MY VOTE!!

almost every piece is soothing...
( but I don't like the battle music that much... gets boring,
the next hundred times... )
Dali, Southgate, Song of Memory...
and Melodies of Life!! Beautiful.

so... 'nuff said!! MUSIC GETS IT!!

Old Nov 23, 2002, 06:57 AM   #9
ArrowCat

Send a message via AIM to ArrowCat Send a message via MSN to ArrowCat
I think it was the little one-liners.

Whenever you hear a little phrase, even if it is a common phrase...if it is in FF9, you remember it. It's really weird.

Not so much the music for me, though the battle theme and Hilda Garde 3 themes are one-of-a-kind.

So...yeah. I'd say the quotes...they always bring my thoughts back to Zidane & co.

I'm a LHH junior councellor, so if you are feeling down or need to talk to someone about something you would rather not publically post, feel free to PM me and discuss the matter in complete confidetiality.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:21 PM   #10
The Space Between

Send a message via Yahoo to The Space Between
Yeah, I'd have to agree that the music gets my juices flowing.

Right now, I'm listening to the Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star soundtracks and it makes me want to go out and purchase the DVDs.

And, whenever I listen to FFVIII music, like Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, I want to play FFVIII (not as much as I want to write about it).

Hearing some music from FFIX makes me want to jump in the game and have a ball!

"The answer... lies just beyond the horizon." – Me
"Just because it is hidden, does not mean it is not there." – Me

Lulymour!
Take this quiz here!
Take MY quiz here!
Old Nov 24, 2002, 03:26 AM   #11
NVee

Send a message via AIM to NVee
Heheheh, Kuro, you better know which one I voted for!

I LOVE FFIX music (well, FF music in general, but let's just stick to FFIX right now I^_~ ). Every time I hear a song from that game, it has a way of bringing me back to that particular point in the game.

Unfortunately for me, I can't find the sound track anywhere in stores. There's one store, but we're having a bitch of a time trying to find it

Now I've done a decent job so far of finding midis and mp3s of some of my favorite songs, but there are some songs I can't find on the web anywhere; like Eiko's theme (sooo kawaii ), and the Memoria theme, and yeah, even the theme for the Hilde Gaurde III. (Well, actually I found that last one, but it's in a horrible midi format... it sounds awful... ), Soo many others as well.

Now I know none of that has anything to do with your poll, so I'll finnish with a relevant answer ^^;
They all bring me back to the game. Sure, seeing the art work, even screen shots and such bring me back, and I love re-reading summaries to the game... HOWEVER, nothing brings me back to the game like the music. The music has that special touch that makes you feel exactly what you were feeling at that point in the game that it played.

God I love Final Fantasy soundtracks

~Click above for my Art Gallery!!~

Old Nov 27, 2002, 05:49 AM   #12
Zidane363
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zidane363 Send a message via Yahoo to Zidane363
hock: ack......i'm the only person here who voted for artwork eheheheh......ah well...to me the artwork of FFIX really amazed me a whole lot. Ya know it showed a lot of details and most of it showed how much it seemed to have amazed people but that's me hehehe
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:03 PM   #13
Andy

Send a message via MSN to Andy Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
The music... The plinky-plonky Final Fantasy NES music brings em back loads! Oh 8 bit Bahamut... and Ifrit, how we miss you! Hey everyone... lets walk and make use of our excellent 2-frame movement...

Enter the Drewniverse
I won't bite
[Youtube][Facebook][Blip][Steam]
Old Nov 28, 2002, 12:12 PM   #14
FFIX Perfector

Send a message via MSN to FFIX Perfector
Again - it's almost unanimous isn't it? Yes, it's the music for me to.
The feelings and memories recalled by hearing even the simplest tune in FFIX is what makes it a great soundtrack. I cannot stress about by how much the music gets this vote but enough has already been said along those lines soooooo that's it.

Of course seeing the pictures reminds me more of the adventure rather than the feelings and so makes an important part of what brings me back.

Quotes and sayings too are equally important as the art work because it has a different aspect of the game brought out in it.

So all in all by seeing the pics, hearing the sound and reading the quotes is what brings me back which then again is nearly the same as playing it in the first place!!
Old Nov 28, 2002, 02:05 PM   #15
_Vincent_

Gah, so hard to choose, II really don't know, It really brings back the experience listening to the soundtrack, I can just see all of the scenes in my mind! BUT, there's always something else....
<.<
>.>
>.<
SKITTLES
Whenver I see skittles, it makes me think of UFF9, which makes me think of all the crazy moments in FF9 such as, "Oooh...Soft!"(Which my friend didn't beleive really happened!)