Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
When you feel... - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > On-Topic Forums > The Last Homely House

Old Jan 16, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1
seph
Born to fight... trained to kill... ready to die... but never will.

Send a message via ICQ to seph Send a message via AIM to seph Send a message via Yahoo to seph
When you feel...

“Think….”
Think of those who care.....

-When life has you down-
-When you don’t want anyone to care-
-When you have no where else to turn-
-When you need a shoulder to cry on-
-When you need someone to talk to-
-When you’ve made a mistake-
-When you have been dishonest-
-When you need help-

When life has you down...

For it is in this state when our judgment is impaired and we don’t know what we want. It is in a negative state of mind when we make our worst decisions. Sometimes we need help, but we just don’t want to show the humility. People are not perfect, no one is. Growing up can be rough, being a teen can be worse, but you need to stop and think of those who care for you. There are many of them out there, in your home, at your school, even in your heart. We like to forget about them, the most important people in our lives, when we think negatively.

It’s only a state of mind...

You must remember the people who care. You must know that everyone has their ups and downs. We all need a crutch sometimes. You may think your situation is a unique one, and "No one knows what you’re going through". People do, I do, we all do. The experiences we all have endured over out time allow us to understand the situation of another. In one life or another, we have experienced these same things, these same traumas, these same feelings. You must understand this is a state of mind we all go through at one point or another. We all may be unique, but we all have the same heart, the same lungs, we are all made the same.

Listen......

It’s hard, I know, to accept advice from others, to listen to them when they have something to say. It’s hard to want to accept their statements as truth when your mind doesn’t want to hear such things. Listen to them, they only want to help.

We care....

We care about you.... whoever you are. Don’t forget you have friends who will do anything for you....

Think of those who care when life has you down, it’s only a state of mind. Listen, we care.

-Mason Bass
Jan 16, 2006
Original work.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
-John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

and a cookie monster:

Last edited by seph; Dec 1, 2006 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Edited poem for publishing?? Maybe?
seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 09:13 PM   #2
Letara

Send a message via ICQ to Letara
Good to know, man.

Banralajagadala!!!
Letara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Beatrix the Goddess
Rose of May

Send a message via MSN to Beatrix the Goddess
Profound stuff. Certainly something to keep in mind. Thanks for that Seph I'm impressed with how it explores the point of sometimes not wanting to be helped - thats often the single most dificult issue when trying to solve a problem.

As moderator for the Last Homely House, feel free to pm or email me if you want to talk about any problems you're having. I'm happy to try to help & to talk things through with you if you feel in need of support, and everything will be in strict confidence. Your status on the board is irrelevant; absolutely anyone can contact me for help
Beatrix the Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Mig
Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Send a message via MSN to Mig Send a message via Skype™ to Mig
That's some pretty deep stuff.

Oh, and I'd like to commend Bee on what is most probably her shortest post in many years.

------------------------------

EDIT: Of course I love those posts. I think Bee's great; her posts should be even longer!. In fact, I shall pay homage to her by giving her all my TT cards. I shall also be shortly aware (if I look at this thread again), that admins can edit sarcastic little member's posts...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity ...and I'm not sure about the universe."
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 07:51 PM   #5
seph
Born to fight... trained to kill... ready to die... but never will.

Send a message via ICQ to seph Send a message via AIM to seph Send a message via Yahoo to seph
Very true. Thanks Beatrix, I actually was inspired to write this when a certain female figure in my life was doin this exact thing, pushing me away.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
-John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

and a cookie monster:
seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Roger

Send a message via AIM to Roger Send a message via MSN to Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp
In fact, I shall pay homage to her by giving her all my TT cards.
Hmm... despite the sarcasm, I'll hold you to that - only so I can beat you at TT when you have feck all cards.

But deep stuff. Thanks seph - it's actually made me think about how I've been solving other peoples problems - even when half of them just tell me to get lost - so thanks.

---

---
"Headshot. Boom."
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 03:10 PM   #7
master of puppets

Send a message via Yahoo to master of puppets
That is very true seph. It is strange though, hardly any of my freind give a damn about me but my internet freinds really care for me.

Im master of puppets and Im pulling your strings!
master of puppets is offline   Reply With Quote