Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Triple Triad: The Apprentice - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Forum Administration > Announcements

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:37 PM   #1
AP
Editor Person

Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via AIM to AP Send a message via MSN to AP Send a message via Yahoo to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP
Triple Triad: The Apprentice

It begins.

Over the last few weeks, several people have been declaring interest in the newly opening position of Triple Triad Moderator. It was decided we'd find this mod in a new and novelty way. That way is The Apprentice.

From this moment on, our nine candidates will be tested in a variety of ways, facing situations staff on a site this size face every day. They will be involved in real decision making that will effect the actual forum - some tasks involving small decisions, others involving larger forum-wide initiatives.

Each team will be given it's own private forum to dicuss and plan amongst themselves. Everything will be tested and reviewed, from their communication skills to their ability to handle problems on their own.

Each task will be judged. At the end of the task, one team will be declared winner. The winners will get a nice gil bonus (which will increase as the competition progresses), while the losers will get a sit-in session with me to tell me exactly what went wrong, and more importantly, whose fault it was.

After that, one member of the losing team will be fired, and lose all chance of getting the job. At the end, we will have the apprentice, who will be taken on as a full-time Triple Triad Moderator.

Naturally, edited highlights of all the events that occour in the private forums and meetings with me will be posted up here for all to view and comment on.

There is no panel of judges in this competition. This is not the UFFSite Awards; there will be no little poll deciding who goes and stays. With advice off Mike and BtG, I'll be the one who decides who is fired, and in the end who is hired. I might come across as plain out rude and harsh but that's the way it is. This is a job interview with prospects for promotion up the forum ranks.

Without further ado, I reveal the teams:

Team Alexandria:
Roger
Zeron
Yggdrasil
Mysterious Being
Nipissing

Team Lindblum
Xenonstar
Adam
tenatios idiot
Zanelli

You may notice that Team Lindblum is slightly handicapped. This will be fixed, as I have drafted in my good friend TLS Scip to even out the numbers on team Lindblum to five.

Teams, you will find your private forums open by the time you finish reading this post. If you have issues seeing your forum, PM me. You will recieve the instructions for your first task before the week is over.

People, feel free to discuss this in the Apprentice Forum. Suggestions for tasks should also be posted there - I will consider them. Feel free to make polls discussing who will get fired or what team will win and all that - make bets, do whatever. Enjoy the show.

Good luck to everybody.