Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
I need help. - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > On-Topic Forums > Artist's Corner > The Workshop

Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Deadly-Dreamer-X

I need help.

So, there is this guy in another forum. Where he was passive for a while. In that time I opened my shop.

So, I made a couple of siggys. But he gave me a harsh remarks. He is a professional!! With a premium account in Photoshop. He got hundreds of Renders and C4Ds!!!

So, he is testing by bringing a few more renders. If I fail his standards. I will fail at being a DA...

Here they are.

Spoiler: Highlight to read

===============

All I need is suggestion and help. Links to resources is appreciated. Any help is dearly appreciated. And thank you.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Hoshi

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Hoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Hoshi
....I'm not quite sure what you're asking for...

And what would you have rather had us do? Just stand and think about it? In the mean time, while we do that, the spider eats the butterfly....
Hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Sylverline
Lv.30 Sentinel
[ Not A Moron ]

Send a message via MSN to Sylverline Send a message via Skype™ to Sylverline
I'm with Hoshi on the confused aspect of things, but I do know we have an epic resource thread here
Sylverline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Deadly-Dreamer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
....I'm not quite sure what you're asking for...
Help in making those sigs. Ideas, themes, some forbidden methods and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suggestive View Post
I'm with Hoshi on the confused aspect of things, but I do know we have an epic resource thread here
AH! Those links surely will come in handy. Thank you, again.

Where is the scale thingy? Disabled? I would've +Rep'ed you if it was there. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Dr. Flux
Yaaaaaarrrrrggggghhh

So you would like to compete with a professional? Why do you feel you need to prove your worth to this fellow, is it really that important?

Alas, we cannot really give you much in the way of how to go about creating your signatures. However, we can suggest ways in which you could improve prospective signatures once we see them.

Signatures, like anything creative is a fluid process in my point of view - unless approached from a design perspective - and is best sought from your own abilities. Of course, Nikkeh [Suggestive] has provided you with a link with multiple resources that you could use to help practice and define the different techniques you could use to make a signature but they will not teach you to be creative.

Buuut, if it is important for you to prove your worth to this fellow then I wish you luck.

Insert Comment Here
Dr. Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Deadly-Dreamer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flux View Post
So you would like to compete with a professional? Why do you feel you need to prove your worth to this fellow, is it really that important?
I felt my downfall at that moment. Yes, somehow I need to pass his standards.

Quote:
Alas, we cannot really give you much in the way of how to go about creating your signatures. However, we can suggest ways in which you could improve prospective signatures once we see them.
The keyword is : Critiquing, no?

Quote:
Signatures, like anything creative is a fluid process in my point of view - unless approached from a design perspective - and is best sought from your own abilities.
Creativity is abstract; skills is an applicable process. And both are irrelevant, but they do go hand in hand in a parallel fashion. That's why I need to learn some important skills.

Quote:
Of course, Nikkeh [Suggestive] has provided you with a link with multiple resources that you could use to help practice and define the different techniques you could use to make a signature but they will not teach you to be creative.
Yes, they will be useful for me now, and in future instances.

Quote:
Buuut, if it is important for you to prove your worth to this fellow then I wish you luck.
Thanks, I will need it.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Tim

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Well if you're a total newbie what you need to do is sit down and do the first 50 tutorials you find on the internet.

That should help. Experience with the program will be your trump card. You can't just bumble through and expect to produce something that competes with someone who is pro.

I seem to suck at trophies.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Deadly-Dreamer-X

Here is a Sig - Critique Please.

Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Aether
Just call me the trasher of bots

Send a message via MSN to Aether Send a message via Skype™ to Aether
To be brutally honest, I don't like it. It seems you've just slapped a hastily cut picture of Snow over a C4D and fiddled around with the lighting.

The idea is there, it's just not showing too well. Spend some time being careful with you're cutting, perhaps even add a feather of 1 or 2 pixels. I know whenever I do cutting in Photoshop I always use at least a feather of 2. Also, don't try to over filter the main stock picture as you've done here. It just looks messy in my opinion. The makeup is supposed to compliment the main stock, not the other way around. I particularly don't like C4Ds, but I'm guessing you're going for an ice look, so it's not too shabby. The black shadowing however does not look good. Your border annoys me. One solid colour for it would look better.

I know it sounds nasty, but I've never been one to soften my critiques. Just have another go and see how it turns out.

Shaman | Death Knight
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
It's true. This Australian bitch slapped me all sorts of around when I used a layer on someone else's art once and tried to call it a Signature. Awful times...just awful.

To be honest, yes, it does look like you slapped an oddly cut render over a C4D and went bonkers with the lighting and the borders on the top and bottom.

This isn't salvageable to be brutally honest about it. The C4D isn't making anything better and the guy is so over exposed, blurry here and there and I have no idea what is going on in the top left with that little shape. There doesn't seem to be an idea here at all expect for slapping a render over a C4D in the first place.

I suggest trying what you were going for again or try finding Graphics websites and going into their forums for a signature creation section and get some tips. Begin to hash through the tutorials to learn the tool sets generally incorporated in the different types of signatures out there. Basically, what Tim said...I would've looked sooner but, I am tired and just got in.
Old May 3, 2010, 01:33 PM   #11
Deadly-Dreamer-X

Wow! It has been while, and I haven't done anything too. And I repeatedly using the same methods every time ;(

Some critiques! Instead of trying to "slap" a render onto a C4D, I tried a different method this time, that would be "smudging"

And here is my result.

Old May 6, 2010, 12:37 AM   #12
Hoshi

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Hoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Hoshi
For the first sig, it's a little dark. I'm not impressed with it at all.... The border is too thick, and the C4D doesn't seem to fit with the character at all. I would have used a red one, as it would make his tattoos really "pop".

The second one shows some improvement. I used to use C4D renders, but I got tired of them really quick. The colour matches well, and the blending is quite nice. I don't like the shine in the middle part, it's a little distracting.
Nice improvement, though!

And what would you have rather had us do? Just stand and think about it? In the mean time, while we do that, the spider eats the butterfly....
Hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote