Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Ok, Here we go. - Page 3139 - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Chat Forums > The Asylum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 158 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:07 PM   #47071
Dedrus

What's that? A sign of the apocalypse, you say?

So Diablo 3 FINALLY has a release date - what sucks is that we had three pre-orders from GAME for it since ages ago, but who's to expect GAME will stock it and us get it from them? Luckily for us they cost nothing until release, so we'll terminate them very soon.

Sheer ignorance of rampant chaos destroys me,
My burning, broken body contaminates,
All that I love, all that I want,
I am free from fear - yet captive by anger.
Dedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:22 PM   #47072
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

More signs of the apocalypse: Giantbomb going back to CBSi and Gamespot. They'll still be the same site with the same stuff, but whoa.

It also looks like their good friends at Tested has a couple of signs also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLG8_dfX9M&
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:39 PM   #47073
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
Why did I never know about that Hallway in Junon on the way to the Under Water Reactor on Disc 1? Just press a button and fight enemies that give you 140 AP - 210 AP and you recently get weapons and armor that give you double AP in that part of the game.

Its like a dream come true.

Now if only the game would have a better villain.

Oh well. I'm just grinding through this because I have never beat the American Monsters so once that happens I can simply slap Sephiroth to death with Ominslash and then continue on to FF VIII.

I love the PSN Classics.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:08 AM   #47074
Frei

Send a message via MSN to Frei Send a message via Skype™ to Frei
Yeah that alarm passed everyone by, I think.

and hey, Jenova is a great villain.

Emerald isn't all that hard, you've just gotta set your materia up right. Ruby's the problem, he's one of the few things in that game I've never done.
Frei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:09 AM   #47075
Frei

quote is not edit, wtf
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:43 AM   #47076
Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix
Really? I thought Ruby was the easiest. Hades handles him nicely, as I recall.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:06 AM   #47077
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
I watched my little brother destroy both of the final Weapons at times eerily fast. He has completed FF VII countless times and like Bzero was into the whole challenge scene for a while(I think he did the items only run and the no Magic run or something like that before and some others I chose not to watch at all).

He made a hobby of thinking up and trying new ways to beat both of the American monsters so I have a living FF VII Faq sitting right next to me when the time comes.

At the moment I am just getting everyone to limit 3 status for their limit breaks and pretty much grinding out levels and AP in that Junon hallway.

It is proving to be almost stupidly game breaking. What was the point of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frei
and hey, Jenova is a great villain.
She is. The place for her in the story line and the plot as a whole fits rather well actually.

Her son is a bit lacking for my tastes.

Sephiroth's fall into madness and his transformation into the villain I find is lacking immensely in development. We just have to assume he is the bad guy in a couple scenes of plot. I hate that. It isn't like he is a badly characterized villain either to be honest(though to this day I still laugh at his Katana...it is stupid) its just the motivation to go from the top Military SOLDIER in one flash back to suddenly a villain bent on the destruction of humanity was always built on this crudely written batch of scenes that although are part fibbing on Cloud's part are still sloppy in execution and are a really hard to swallow amount of assumptions. They could have done so much more with him.

I always wanted something deeper for this crazy murderous character. I thought he was going to have this bad ass dark story. From the moment I saw all of those bodies in Shinra tower as a kid I was ready for his story and was disappointed immensely. All that happened is that he found out how he was born or supposedly born and snapped. It just wasn't and still isn't dramatic enough for me to buy. It is the principle reason I just dislike Sephiroth and most of the plot involving him.

True if one puts themselves in his shoes some level of reaction would occur to such a bombshell realization but for him to simply go mad and then somehow end up like he does is just lame to me. He could have been cool and dramatic and his fall could have meant something. All they did was turn him into a crazy momma's boy with a cliche quest for vengeance in the form of destroying the world...or something like that.

To be honest, even as a kid, I was expecting his story to be something more involving the foreshadowing Cloud gives. Like Sephiroth following something like the realization of how powerful he was and what Shinra was doing to the planet would try to fight the Shinra Company with some of the other SOLDIERs we hear so much about or by his lone badass self and then go down swinging but ultimately become the bad guy in a dramatic way kind of like Harvery Dent in the Dark Knight.

But, no, he was just a crack pot with power clinging to his inhuman Momma.

The retconning effects of the FF VII Compilation also doesn't help matters one bit. If anything that even calls into question most of the events of the flash back and Cloud's ability to stab him and throw him from that walkway in the first place.

It is one of the reasons I like to simply imagine as I play FF VII the fan theory I heard a couple years back that the entire time Sephiroth has been sort of brain dead from a certain point in his early life or rather he was always being sort of guided by Jenova and slightly conscious of his life but never really in control.

Jenova has been using him as a puppet the entire time psychically using her alien powers to control him via the cells injected into him In utero nudging him along while he did what she said and occasionally doing things that would benefit both of them although unaware of her overall presence.

During the events at Nibelheim he finally takes control and can't use his powers and is going insane as a human being due to all of these realizations and feeling her control over him which results in a stock holm like effect where he needs to be with his Mother.

It makes for a far more interesting game and works a lot more for me plot wise.

Especially, at the end. The reason Sephiroth transforms into those huge weird forms is due to Jenova dying and those are manifestations of her dying brain due to you mortally wounding her in the pre-fight to Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth.

The very end being literally Cloud meeting the true Sephiroth behind it all. He was brain dead very early in life and has simply assumed all the Jenova has made him do and become and be as a person. So, in that final moment he knows he is the villain and wants to do as she does and Cloud is the hero. Both having the strength at this point to kill each other.

Cloud simply hits first.

It makes my inner story teller happy for a certain depth to be involved in my imaginings.

I do enjoy Sephiroth's theme music though. It has given birth to some phenomenal Remixes as well from the OC Remix Community.

Last edited by Sioux; Mar 19, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:30 AM   #47078
Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix
I'll be honest, I started reading your post, and then I saw the wall of text that followed the quote. No offense.

In other news, I wish companies would actually call/email me back after interviews. Even if it's bad news, I'd rather know than be left waiting. Especially when they've told me I'd know one way or the other by a certain date.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:54 AM   #47079
Sioux

Quote:
I'll be honest, I started reading your post, and then I saw the wall of text that followed the quote. No offense.
No problem. You know me. I drone on and forever. Plus, I've been on a couple other forums for the last year where long posts aren't of the norm so I fit right in. I just forget sometimes my BtG like posts don't exactly work everywhere.

I apologize. To abridge my previous post, My brother can help me beat the American monsters.

I dislike Sephiroth's back story for turning evil and think Squaresoft could have done better.

I like to imagine a fan theory where Sephiroth was a pawn of Jenova the entire time instead. Its involved details explain everything a lot better and allow for a much better play through experience for me plot-wise.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:27 PM   #47080
BZero
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BZero Send a message via MSN to BZero
In other news, Norway's population just passed five million!

That is all.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:50 AM   #47081
Sioux

The Pirate Bay is looking into trafficking their piracy from the skies?

I figured they would keep the motif going and get a ship. Though, I sort of just want the ironic thing to happen for them to be attacked by pirates.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:30 AM   #47082
Royston
Neo Hentai

Is this the only active thread on this forum now?
also Hi! sorta miss everyone here reading though 2004 IRC logs lol

dona nobis pacem
e dona eis requiem
inter ovas locum

Royston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:22 PM   #47083
Aether
Just call me the trasher of bots

Send a message via MSN to Aether Send a message via Skype™ to Aether
Pretty much Royston, how ya been?

Shaman | Death Knight
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:25 PM   #47084
Frei

Hey Roy, vaguely remember you from back in the day!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:41 AM   #47085
Tallulah

Send a message via MSN to Tallulah
Always good to see an oldbie dropping by. I remember you from my college lurking days, when I wasn't brave enough to join forums.

Feeling down again for no reason. Had a dream there was only me, Donna, Johnny and Simon at work, customers were getting impatient and the till was doing crazy crap. Woke up feeling upset. This chesty cold doesn't help, either. I could have used a hug, but the bf was asleep...

Bleh, whatever. The gym should help.

Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote