Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
The Pagoda Gods of TT - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Forum Administration > Board & Site Suggestions

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:22 PM   #1
Xenonstar

Send a message via AIM to Xenonstar Send a message via MSN to Xenonstar
The Pagoda Gods of TT

Little idea Roger and I came up with.

Perhaps we could form a sort of TT clan, from which five players could be selected to create a TT Pagoda. Players outside the clan can be given the opportunity to challenge the Pagoda Gods and attempt to reach the top of the tower. The first god would face off against the challenger, and if that god is beaten, he would PM the second god stating that the challenger defeated him and has clearance to the next floor. If someone manages to defeat all five Pagoda Gods, then they can be rewarded with Gil or a rare card or whatever seems suitable.

Additionally, players within the clan can be given the opportunity to challenge the first god to a series (perhaps 3 or 5 games), and if the player defeats the god, he/she takes their place on the first floor. Any of the first four gods can also choose to challenge the god directly above them (2nd floor can only challenge 3rd floor, 3rd floor can only challenge 4th floor, etc.). The two gods would play a 7-game series, and if the lower god wins, they switch places with the higher god. This method would assure that the clan's five best players are always in the Pagoda.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions to this idea? It's not complete yet, we still want to figure out methods of application and limitations to the number of challenges.

Any feedback is good feedback!

Many kudos to AuronLover for the sig!
FFR3: Part 9 completed.

Xenonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Roger

Send a message via AIM to Roger Send a message via MSN to Roger
I'd say challenges once a month per entrant and application by games played?

But otherwise, you already know my thoughts. And it's a cracking idea.

---

---
"Headshot. Boom."
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:28 PM   #3
Mig
Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Send a message via MSN to Mig Send a message via Skype™ to Mig
Sounds alright, guess I'm for it. *thumbs up*

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity ...and I'm not sure about the universe."
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Roger

Another extension idea, courtesy of me and Xenon.

The Gods will get upgrades like they get pocket money with the amount of games they'll be playing tens and hundreds of games - meaning people would be getting Quad A's alot. So we thought that the Gods and challengers could have limiters on the amount of Quad A's they could have - for example, the challengers and first floor God can only have one, while Xenon *top floor God, I assume* will have no limiter. As for God vs. God confrontations, the sky's the limit on Quad A's.

Or maybe a restriction on the amount of A's in a hand, not Quad A's?

---

---
"Headshot. Boom."
Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:44 PM   #5
AP
Editor Person

Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via AIM to AP Send a message via MSN to AP Send a message via Yahoo to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP
As a matter of fact, we're likely going to be restricting quad-A cards to be myself, Silver and Blue, as filling the game with Quad-As makes it unplayable because obviously A vs A equals nothing.

In FF8, there were no cards with more than 2 As. We'll likely follow this to an extent.

As for this idea, gods wouldn't get anything extra really. I kind of like the idea of a Pokemon "Elite Four" style thing, though. That's certainly interesting.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:04 PM   #6
Xenonstar

Well then at least replace my Flux card with something. I put a hell of a lot of work into making that card as good as it is. I've been constantly asking if I could trade it in for a Silverwolf card, but Wofl doesn't seem to like that.

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:13 PM   #7
AP
Editor Person

Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via AIM to AP Send a message via MSN to AP Send a message via Yahoo to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP
No, you won't be trading it for anything. You'll keep it. We're just going to ensure no other cards like that come into circulation, as a Quad-As vs Quad-As game is utterly useless.

The only time you'll lose that card is if you lose a game and it's taken, or when we do a card stats reset - which will happen when we change certain features.

There won't be any more cards like that. That is all.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:30 AM   #8
Dr. Flux
Yaaaaaarrrrrggggghhh

Why Bruce Lee would be turning in his grave. Why don't we just call it 'Enter the Dragon' (龍爭虎鬥) and stop pretending?

I never play TT but it sounds like a good idea.

Insert Comment Here
Dr. Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:19 AM   #9
Zeron

Send a message via MSN to Zeron
I like the idea, sounds interesting and will add something a little extra to TT. Always gives a challenge for people to try.

And AP maybe for the upgrading, you could make it an increase...first upgrade five then 6 then 7 and so on. Or something like that..doesn't necessarily have to go up by one of course.
But reading your post again, it sounds like you already have a plan...oh well.

Zeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:36 AM   #10
Haku

Send a message via AIM to Haku Send a message via MSN to Haku
I think this is a great idea. It would really make TT more fun. I have a question though, would there prizes for getting to each floor as beating the five best currently on the site is highly unlikely.
Haku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 06:45 AM   #11
Roger

I know this maybe off topic, but Alex, when is the stat reset likely to happen?

And I better stop upgrading the one card then - my Quad A dreams have been shattered.

---

---
"Headshot. Boom."
Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:01 AM   #12
AP
Editor Person

Not for months. We may not even have to do it - it's just something I give you fair warning of now. We have things in development, and they change the game so much that we may have to reset stats when it all comes about.

Every one of your cards has far more stats than the four numbers and which element it is in it. Every card is built in for a system that when completed and released will change the way TT works on here for good. When that comes out, losing some stats'll be the least of your worries anyway, as you'll be getting the hang of some interesting, new things. It'll be like a different game entirely.

So don't worry. This won't happen for some time.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:44 PM   #13
Haywire

Damn this sounds exciting, I'd better stock up on some good cards

Haywire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:15 PM   #14
Xenonstar

I'm going to see if I can get little badges designed for the five representatives in the Pagoda. They'll be color-themed as such:

1st Floor = Blue
2nd Floor = Green
3rd Floor = Yellow
4th Floor = Red
5th Floor = Black

I'll put them on display when they're made.

EDIT: We came up with an idea to give the Pagoda a Necron theme. The five floors will be named after the Pagoda's motto, a quote taken from FF9.

"It starts with anxiety. Anxiety becomes fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Therefore...

1st Floor = Anxiety
2nd Floor = Fear
3rd Floor = Anger
4th Floor = Hate
5th Floor = Suffering

I've also inserted the 5th Floor badge into my signature to serve as a sample of what the other four will look like. I'll get Roger to make a post when they're all finished.

Last edited by Xenonstar; Mar 20, 2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:41 PM   #15
Roger

I've just finished the work on the 5 God badges, and although I asked Xenon for Flux as a token of his appreciation, he declined.

Xenon currently has the top floor badge, and I'll model the 1st Floor one for now.

---

---
"Headshot. Boom."

Last edited by Roger; Mar 20, 2006 at 09:34 PM.