Wheee~! one of those getting-to-know-each-other threads, yes
Now before we get all overly emo and stuff, just remember: no one's perfect, okay. I'm referring to silly things like laziness or even weird mannerisms.
I just happened to have nothing to do in the shower earlier while I let the conditioner set in, when I realized.. damn, I'm a really jealous person. I mean I've always known but good lord. Like, I cannot stand hearing or even thinking about ex-girlfriends. :\ (er, not mine obviously XD I love them. ;p) I get that sick feeling you get in your stomach and up your throat. And the thing is I'm completely aware of this, okay. It's baad and I'm trying to stop but it's really just one of those things I can't control. Ironically I'm always very curious about them.
Also, I tend to glance at every mirror or glass I pass by I mean oh my god, is it a weird reflex or am I just really vain? I mean I wouldn't go staring into a puddle and flip my hair XD but I don't know; half the time I just feel the need to make sure not a strand is out of place though on the other hand I'm definitely not one of those girls who check themselves out in the mirror all day long, so it's weird
Last thing, I guess I'm.. pretty lazy. I mean I help around the house but when it comes to stupid stuff like reaching for the remote or picking up a pen off the floor, I'd literally use my foot if I have to. XD And sometimes when I get hungry and really just do not feel like getting up, I'd rather let my hunger pass than drag my butt all the way to the kitchen. And if by some miracle I do get there, and discover that I actually have to make the food myself, sure--sometimes I do, but often times I'd just completely give up on myself
siigh, bad Kat
And I'm sorry That was a lot of talking. Well what about youu guys?
I commend your try at making one timer threads there, Kat. It'll hopefully get more of us posting.
Now, yes, things I dislike about myself.
1.)Random bouts of Sloth(Chronic Laziness)
I'm like, really, really lazy. I hate having to look for the remote. I hate having to do anything that requires walking and having to do something that won't get what I want right than. It's all meaningless to me when physical actions have to take place. I know you Kat, well, in that regard. I too don't even get up to eat, I'll sit and try and wait it out or I'll sleep and wake up to hopefully find the pain has passed and dinner has already been made for me since you know, making food is work.
It's a bad thing and I really should work on it even though I never will. A bad cycle really, admitting it and never changing but its what I do about about most the "bad" things about myself.
2.) Totally self-centered(Chronic Selfishness)
I hate doing things for anyone else in life. I don't like calling friends, I don't like making friends since I'll have to keep in touch and do things for them and or with them. I hate letting others do things for me since it encourages interaction again and will probably have me involved in something they want me to do or something I guess they want me to do for them. I like my time, my stuff, my place in life and how I develop it. I hate others intruding upon my time when I need to do things and I hate when they try to get back in touch with me after a long period of time and complain how I don't keep in touch. I like me and how I am, I hate changing to suit others and I hate javing to spend my money for others in whatever arrangement unless it doesn't benefit me in kind but, only better.
So yeah, I sometimes don't like this about me for it scares away all the girls who try to change me before things can get passed second base and I hate it when I try to attract new girls who try to change me tastes in music. I hate having to spend money on a girl when sex doesn't come into the equation at any point down the line. They attempt at bringing me new kinds within the areas of "grunge" or "Alternative metal or rock" and I really must hate them right then and there. Its a bad thing, selfishness, but, its me and I'm not changing anytime soon.
)The best news I've found though is that in North Nevada prostitution is legal and that will be a pitstop many a time during my 20s. I really can't wait. )
3.) Quite Disagreeable(Non-congenial)
I've found that, especially in most recent years, I love to hate on stuff. I love to hate on others for a variety of reasons. I love to hate on things others love, I love being that disagreeable fellow who has those kind of standards that are too high for them since they certainly aren't that kind of person for those standards. I love hating on things and than not caring what others think about it. I love throwing in the race card when I can and hating on others for not being Native American and than using the race card to get what I want because no one knows how to treat me or my attitude since my people have been so worked over in the last 100 years. I love being like this for various reasons, it keeps viable friendships away, It keeps people who want something for me away, it keeps me lazy for no others wish to deal with me nor my attitude.
I have met those stalwart few in life who try to wait me out and think it is all just an act but, really, its ingrained within my character and I really love to be this way as it suits me fine with how I live and how I am. Infact, I've only known one person who actually did try to change me or change one of these traits and let me tell you, he was worse than I am and he failed numerously.
So yeah, That's me, I actually have a few other bad traits but, these ones show the most in my life and from advice I've gotten on each here and there, I really am finding that I won't ever change and I won't ever attempt to change these.
1.) When I Just Try TOO Hard.
Mainly at being funny. XD I completely screw up and everybody thinks I'm the biggest twat that ever lived. I honestly have no idea how people manage to take me seriously anymore. =p
I can't be arsed to do anything. Seriously. Not just silly things like reaching the remote and picking stuff up off the floor, but *everything*. I just managed to drag myself up and down the stairs several times in order to top up the water in my Fish tank, and the only reason I actually did it was because otherwise my parents wouldn't let me out and they've been nagging at me since before I went to Russia to do it, hah.
3.) Curly hair.
Why can't it just be all straight and purrrrdy? =[ Grr.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity ...and I'm not sure about the universe."
1) I make myself look like an asshole a lot.
At times, it's on purpose. Other times, not so much. Quite often I've driven people to dislike me through just a few words. *shrugs* I suppose they're the people I wouldn't have gotten along with anyway.
2) My life completely lacks direction
I'm 18 years old now. I could have a state ID, driver's license, car, own place, job, etc, but I lack the motivation to obtain any of these things. I find it really hard to care. I'd be happy sitting here doing the same thing I've always been doing for the next 30 years, but I think I'd eventually be told to move out of my dad's house ;p
3) I'm a cannibal.
I keep eating all my friends.
Now I have no friends.
1). Failure to commit.
Yeah. I can't stick to anything unless it's vital. Relationships, diets and exercise, games, drumming, and primarily, Warcraft. I just make some pathetic excuse, to put off doing it for another day. Even back when I was at school, and everything was a last-minute job. It also explains my string of exes, and my rampant sexuality.
2). The unnatural smoking.
I smoke, and that's not something I'm proud of. But, when I'm out at pubs/bars/gigs/work, I chain-smoke like fuck. Particularly on a piss-up, I'm through a pack of twenty in four or five hours. And I absolutely hate it. Not to mention, Marlboro Reds rack up extortionate bills.
3). Mass repression.
Been doing it all my life. It's become a subconscious thing, now. Any problems, I shut the door, and don't let anything out. It probably answers for most of my habits and personality traits, but it's a little too late to do anything about that now.
Oh, and there's a lot of things people don't like about me, which I love. This varies from manipulation, to being a harsh bastard. I just can't get enough of it.
1) I tend to get depressed over trivial matters. Well a lot of really trivial things (not having a job, or having a crap job, no money, being in love with someone who doesn't love you in return, drinking too much, blah, blah...) turn into one big thing and it all bogs me down. I tend to worry about small things like doctor's appointments, and then when things pass, I'll be like, what was I so worried about? Even trivial things like Job Centre appointments freak me out if I'm not in a positive mindset
2) I tend to jump into relationships too quickly. I did so with Craig, Jason, and I risk doing so with Ashley, this new guy I'm kind of seeing. I guess it's the attention I receive from guys who are interested in me, and I just feel like getting into a serious relationship somehow validates me. Either that or I'm so irresistable they just throw themselves at me...
3) Like a lot of people, I'm a bit lazy. Aside from the last two weeks, I've let the job seeking thing slide, and I haven't been really achieving anything else, apaprt from being indoors all day and spending all my money. It is seriously crap, but if you're depressed, as I was, it's very hard to get yourself out of the habit of not getting up until gone half past 10.
4) I never read instructions.
Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly
Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Born to fight... trained to kill... ready to die... but never will.
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hear that noise behind you? Ya thats me.
Originally Posted by Tim
3) I'm a cannibal.
I keep eating all my friends.
Now I have no friends.
Heres mine, enjoy:
1) Sometimes I drag and argument out to far and lose
2) I am always thinking outside the box.
As good as that may seem it gets annoying to try and find out what eevryone is thinking all the time
3) I push people away at times
Mainly due to the fact I am leaving in 2 months.
__________________ "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. " -John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)
Location: On the midnight train, going anywhere...
1. My unbelievable laziness,
leading to missing enough college to now be on the brink of being kicked out of college and having to pay for my exams.
2. The whole obssesive compulsive thing,
probably contributed to the whole college situation, in the sense that on nights when i have to go to bed even if i'm not tired (weeknights) i spend about an hour and a half repeatedly surveying my room, ensuring the closets are shut, the windows are sealed, doors closed, alrams are set, that's right alarms as in the plural, i have 3 and i still miss college, which in turn takes me back to the lazy part, and actaully being able to ignore them all.
Plus it pisses off alot of people around me when it shows during the day.
3. Hmm, finally, i can't really think of anything else, apart from them two issues i'm pretty proud. I suppose i could join Haywire and say the acne, it's a bitch.
Gosh you guys I'm trying to make this easy on you. XD But fine; since you're all so lovely and honest <3
My #4, I tend to be anti-social. Weird, huh?
I mean personallyy.. I can be very warm towards strangers but it can only go so far. Just a smile and a hii but I really don't have the ability to make a conversation and actually keep it going.
I just get all nervous and think well hey, what if this person doesn't actually care? I mean you know how sometimes you find people talking to you and you just smile and nod to be polite when you honestly don't care? I really don't want to bring that upon them or myself so I'm just like nyeh; might as well leave them alone and be safe. Mm, yeah :\
Hmm, after some moments of introspection, i finally decided to post my three.
1. I'm also an incredibly jealous person.. Yet I don't think the Jealousy should apply to me. I prefer to think of it as TerritorialLuckily, my boy has had only one previous girl he dated, but they didn't date long enough to be considered "steady." However, he's the drummer for a band that is actually getting quite a number of gigs in bars in the area... And I can't ever go to any of the shows because I'm four hours away at school. I do NOT trust any drunken girls in the bar who might try to get with him simply because he's in the band.
And since I am four hours away at school, we have completely different friends. Most of my friends just happen to be guys, because they're always easier to get along with than girls ;; The boyfriend does not like this at all, and tells me so. It's hard for me to keep in perspective, because I know I would never cheat on him or anything. He says he trusts me, he just doesn't trust them.
2. My inability to say no and my complete unreliability lately. :/ I find myself not following through when I tell people I will do things. It bugs the stew out of me, because I never used to do that. When I said I would do something, I did it.. but lately I keep finding myself "too busy" or "something more important" comes along. Combined with my inability to say "No," I've let a few people down.
3. Lack of Focus/Self Control would be number 3. They are really 2 different things, but close enough that I lump them together. When I should be studying, I get distracted by anything and everything... Dishes, dirty windows, my cat, the computer.. I cannot focus on any one thing for very long.. 5 minutes max. And with that lack of focus, I can't control what I do... It's a vicious cycle.
Yep, I have them. Probably from the years of highschool. I used to bottle things up until they explode, but fortunately for me I've managed to progress to only getting massive headaches occasionally which I like to refer to as "rage headaches".
I'm not sure if that's even a real word, but it will do. Sometimes I am pedantic to a fault. It's hard to explain, but if you saw it, you'd know. Many people confuse this with being a perfectionist around me.
I couldn't think of a better word. I have loads of stuff all over the place which is only half-finished. Kind of like chasing the next shiny thing really.
I only have simple things that I have been repeating these past 8weeks. It's when I'm at uni, of course...and going to the doctor's.
2. Arriving an hour early or an hour late. There is a weekly three-day meeting at a certain place starting from 8am and finishes whenever we feel we had enough. But as it takes me more than 2hours to get there, I need to plan when I need to wake up, estimae the time it takes for me to get ready (time varies depending on how I feel after I wake up - whether I had a good sleep, enough sleep or only 2hrs' sleep). Also, since it's winter now it's even harder to travel early like at 4am or 6am.
I have 2 methods of travel: with my Dad by van then by train OR walk to bus stop then bus to the railway station and train to destination then walk to final point.
The first way is good, safe and faster but I have to wake up at 4am, depart from home at 5.30am and arrive at final destination at 6.30am which is extremely too early. The sun is just starting to come out.
The second is alone, cold, hungry, dangerous, too cold and dark for a precious girl like me to be walking alone carrying a bag of invaluable exercise books at 5.30am. But when I reach my destination it would be close to 8am.
Because I like to sleep, my plans don't always go well as suspected. Even when I had set the alarm clock to the set time, I would jump down from my bed, switch alarm off, tell myself that I just need another 30mins' of sleep, that I'll definately wake up an hour later, and climb back into my warm bed. So, I am either an hour late or an hour early.
3. The fear of eating in public.
1. Always delaying driving lessons. However always telling how good of a driver I am when driving in my dreams (a truck driver).