Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Rules For Requests - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > On-Topic Forums > Artist's Corner > The Workshop

Closed Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Dr. Flux
Yaaaaaarrrrrggggghhh

Rules For Requests

The following text pertains to requesting graphic work from other artists.
  • Any kind of graphic work may be requested. This may include signatures, avatars, animated gifs, wallpapers, skins, icons, layouts etc. (although you'd really be testing a person's kindness with some of those so don't expect too much)
  • Manners take you a long way. Most users on this site like it when people appreciate the time they've devoted to your request.
  • The person taking up your request reserves the right to set certain reasonable conditions for its use: eg. some people may charge you for the signature. Using a signature without paying for it would of course be considered stealing. For our stingy members there is naught to worry about for a lot of members are kind enough to take up a request without expecting remuneration.
  • When requesting graphic work please give a clear description of what you want, and be clear. If you're feeling spontaneous and want our well adept members to have free creative reign over your project then say so.
  • If you want specific pictures for your request then don't just describe them. Find them and add them to your request-thread.
  • You may bump your thread but a few times within a reasonable time frame if nobody has taken up your request. If you want to be annoying and bump it more than that, wait and see what I’ll do to you.
  • Do not be ungrateful and do not go overboard with too many requests within a short time frame. I will not set a limit but if ever there is an excess of requests from one user a limit might have to be implemented.
  • DO NOT use another person's thread to request something. I hate that. Too bad for you forum communities are oft' autocratic. Don't like it fight the system.
  • Distributing/selling something you have requested is in breach of copywright law and our team of UFF lawyers will like so sue you. Of course this rule applies to more valuable works like website design, commissioned artwork etc which you don't really see much of on websites like this, but don't say I didn't warn you.
  • It often helps if you're an active member when requesting forum based work like signatures or avatars.
  • If you want a specific user/s to make something for you then contact them personally via pm or email if its available. Do not create a new thread requesting for so and so to make a signature for you or I will do whatever I can to punish you. And it won't be the good kind of punish.
  • Once someone has made something for you, it is yours to use wherever you like.
____

So there you have it. Not liking these rules? I guess you could always take the mature road and tell me so and give me a reason or just not request anything.

-end transmission

Insert Comment Here

Last edited by Dr. Flux; May 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old May 16, 2008, 08:50 PM   #2
The Dark Paladin

Send a message via AIM to The Dark Paladin Send a message via MSN to The Dark Paladin
That's not directed at me, is it?

I noticed that I followed most of those rules before they were posted, but I will admit that the avatar made for me has been used in another place as my personal picture. Yes, I liked it that much. If Roger wants me stop using it at the other site ( I think it was Tickle, but I'm not 100% sure), all he need do is say something and I will stop using it. That being said, I am not currently using any sig pics on any other sites, and I hope I have expressed my gratitude enough...

Just thought I'd speak my mind.

Signature images courtesy of Not Miko. Avatar image made by Roger. Thank you both for your creativity, time, and skill. ^.^
Old May 16, 2008, 09:54 PM   #3
Roger

Send a message via AIM to Roger Send a message via MSN to Roger
TDP, don't worry. As far as I'm aware, Flux was just updating a set of rules from yonks back. However, if you do feel that any of those rules may have been "bent" by you, then take action to rectify it before he catches you. :3

As for the avatar on a different site, it's not a problem. I don't know about the other artists, but when I design a piece for someone, it's theirs once recieved to do what they want with.

---

---
"Headshot. Boom."
Old May 17, 2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Dr. Flux
Yaaaaaarrrrrggggghhh

Darn, I forgot to close this.

TDP, if it were directed at you I would have contacted you rather than made this. I was just updating old rules which I plan to do in most of my haunts eventually, just like roger said.

The last set of rules was made almost 4 years ago and things have changed.

And like Roger also said; the avatar business is fine. Once you get it it's yours to do whatever you wish. That is except for claiming it as your own or selling it if someone's desperate enough to buy an avatar. So yes, using anything that has been made for you on other websites etc is fine. I shall include that in the rules.

If you guys wanna add anything to the rules just pm me and i'll update them.

Insert Comment Here

Last edited by Dr. Flux; May 17, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
Closed Thread