Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Ok, Here we go. - Page 3022 - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Chat Forums > The Asylum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 158 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old May 31, 2011, 09:38 AM   #45316
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

You should check out the interview. The band have been playing for five months and they know they suck.

WHY O WHY WOULD YOU DO A LIVE SHOW?
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 09:44 AM   #45317
Mig
Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Send a message via MSN to Mig Send a message via Skype™ to Mig
I didn't hang around for much longer than a few seconds.. I can only imagine how that most beautiful of guitar solos was maimed and thoroughly shit-stained by that band. Good god.

Wonders off to find the Pulse album and listen to a real live show

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity ...and I'm not sure about the universe."
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 10:40 AM   #45318
Wingly

They didn't do the solos. As far as I could tell skipping about.

Oooh. Pulse. I've got that on DVD. I should rewatch it soon.
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:09 PM   #45319
Tallulah

Send a message via MSN to Tallulah
Scary shit...

Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 09:10 PM   #45320
Tallulah

Send a message via MSN to Tallulah
Scary...

This is probably what she actually felt, when you think of it. Leave me alone, Adam Sandler!

Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 11:40 PM   #45321
Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix
Pulse is excellent. Anyone here seeing Waters do The Wall in Europe?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:57 AM   #45322
Mig
Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Really, really would love to, but the ticket prices were just silly for the show in London (think it was at Wembley?) think it was something like £80, plus all the daylight robbery fees and whatever.

If it was Gilmour on the other hand, I would probably have sold my family to see it.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity ...and I'm not sure about the universe."
Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:34 AM   #45323
Phoenix

Ah, I paid $75+fees to see it in US Airways center (a basketball arena), and it was worth every penny. Gilmour is an amazing guitarist, and Snowy White can never replace him, but Water's real skill is in the visual and storytelling aspects of the album. For an album like The Wall, I feel like that's almost a larger part of the experience than the guitar playing.

According to the wiki, Gilmour and Mason played with Waters at the O2 arena during at least one of the London shows.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:26 AM   #45324
Wingly

I wanted to go. But it was rather expensive. So I didn't. I might buy the dvd, though.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:36 AM   #45325
Phoenix

Yeah I'll probably end up buying that too.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:25 AM   #45326
Aether
Just call me the trasher of bots

Send a message via MSN to Aether Send a message via Skype™ to Aether
I'll just buy you all!

*is too lazy to go back a page and actually figure out what the hell you two are talkign about*

Shaman | Death Knight
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:07 AM   #45327
Mig
Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Roger Water's 'The Wall' tour.

Ah, I'm so gutted about missing it but the tickets were just silly expensive. It'll probably be Waters' last tour, but I still hold out hope for something fronted by Gilmour. The DVD is a must, and yeah I agree with that top post, P - The Wall in all its splendour was definitely his baby, I just prefer David Gilmour overall as a musician; the man is just bloody incredible.

Speaking of expensive tickets, only nine days until Download.

Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:01 PM   #45328
Dedrus

I just love it when one of my pass criteria on this IT-Programming unit is to 'describe the application and limits of different programming paradigms' and the recommended resource has nothing at all written about it :l

Meh. Back to gaming, I guess.

Sheer ignorance of rampant chaos destroys me,
My burning, broken body contaminates,
All that I love, all that I want,
I am free from fear - yet captive by anger.
Dedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:00 PM   #45329
Phoenix

This is the part where you must learn the time-honored skill of bullshitting.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:41 PM   #45330
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
Agreed.

Even if the source of information given to you has nothing to do with your assignment there are always avenues to complete the assignment thanks to Bullshit writing. It is an art form that even individuals within the higher echelons of learning all over the world say is valid (at times).

Though, I believe the technical term for it is Bull Writing. The Shit is implied. If you have ever read one of your previous BS writing papers that did anywhere near a good job or have read someone else's you spot it easily.

I once remember back in AP English in Highschool reading an essay about an English professor that made it an art form in his younger days while attending University.

He was so good in one of his last years he not only sat in on a class that he wasn't in and knew nothing about, out of symapthy for a friend whom was about to fail said course, but, he pulled off one of the highest graded papers ever written in the class and he went in blind.

I think it was a course on Sociology and he ripped the subject apart simply by writing like he knew what he was talking about the entire time, provided sources he pulled out of memory by simply being well read, and used well timed buzz words that made his arguments unquestionable.