Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Ok, Here we go. - Page 3124 - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Chat Forums > The Asylum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 158 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:38 PM   #46846
Andy

Send a message via MSN to Andy Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami DTL View Post
Recently, I completed FFXIII, as in I got 34 of the 35 achievements. That took 116 hours, actually less time than it took for me to beat FFX and FFXII which is surprising.

The one achievement I missed was Treasure Hunter, having every single weapon and accessory in the game. The hardest and most time consuming. I don't know how I screwed up on it. I have to play the game all over again now to get it.
I couldn't put up with the game long enough for that. This from someone who grinded on XI for seven years... it was just not a fun game. The XIII-2 demo was better but I won't be convinced until I get into the game proper that Final Fantasy is going anywhere anytime soon. I certainly won't be pushing myself through multiple playthroughs of it XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedrus View Post
Anyone here played the Kingdom of Amalur Demo yet? Apparently the demo is really extensive, but that's all I've heard. Hopefully I'll find enough time later to play it...
I have. You do cutscenes and tutorials during an origin story and then get 45 minutes of free-roam time in the world. Pretty impressive there but the demo code is very poor and hopefully not an indication of the final animation/cutscene stuff. There are some really stupid camera angles during certain conversations too which cannot have been intentional.

Still, Mass Effect 3 soon! If they drop the ball here, I will rageface severely.

Enter the Drewniverse
I won't bite
[Youtube][Facebook][Blip][Steam]
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:45 PM   #46847
Tallulah

Send a message via MSN to Tallulah
This no-booze kick.was a bad idea...

I've been off alcohol for 3 weeks now and for the past couple of days I've been feeling really grumpy (at best) or really upset for no real reason at all.

Seriously, I doubt that it has anything at all to do with my not drinking to be honest. Dunno what the f**k is wrong with me.

Sod it, went out to order an Indian takeaway meal. Was going to be Chinese but the guy in the first one started staring at me whilst I was looking at the menu, and damn it if I was paying the prices in the one further down the road. So I got a curry from the place between them.

EDIT: Oh, W, I can't view your link as it's not available on mobile. Damn...

Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury

Last edited by Tallulah; Jan 22, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:08 PM   #46848
Dedrus

Hm, yeah I just played through the origin story part of Kingdoms of Amalur - I wasn't... well I was expecting a bit more 'refinement'. I know it was only the first hour or so of the game but I felt that the combat was a little bit awkward. Although when I saw the cinematic teaser at the end the combat seemed like it would pick up and be more strategically dependant (I guess?).

Also, can we not zoom? For the love of god I don't want my character taking up the entire screen. On the PC, this is. I couldn't find anything in the in-game controls list.

But otherwise it's a fun game, even if slightly bulky (like with the menu) - there were a few things which irked me, like having to hit enter to equip an item rather than simply clicking it and the default key bindings, though I can change that easily myself.

Still, I'll likely get the full game =P

Sheer ignorance of rampant chaos destroys me,
My burning, broken body contaminates,
All that I love, all that I want,
I am free from fear - yet captive by anger.
Dedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:44 AM   #46849
Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix
Why is it that suits are so expensive? Ah well, have to dress nice for the career fair I suppose. Less than 12 months to graduation, time to start pushing hard for interviews.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:37 AM   #46850
Tallulah

Send a message via MSN to Tallulah
Good luck, P. Interviews are the worst...

Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:57 PM   #46851
Dedrus

"Dragon Age
Happy Year of the Dragon! We're excited for what's in store " - From their Facebook page.

Y'no, if that's hinting at a DA3... I'm not overly excited... :l

Sheer ignorance of rampant chaos destroys me,
My burning, broken body contaminates,
All that I love, all that I want,
I am free from fear - yet captive by anger.
Dedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:01 PM   #46852
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

I'm reading Guards! Guards! so it's a perfect fit.
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:38 PM   #46853
Aether
Just call me the trasher of bots

Send a message via MSN to Aether Send a message via Skype™ to Aether
Just remember W, one in a million shots turn up nine times out of ten. Speaking of which, I finished reading Snuff the other day.

Shaman | Death Knight
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:44 PM   #46854
BZero
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BZero Send a message via MSN to BZero
Hey Sioux, where are you finding these tutorials you're using for your sig-making?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:07 PM   #46855
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
Quote:
Hey Sioux, where are you finding these tutorials you're using for your sig-making?
Not only does this site have video tutorials on signature making but it has it's own library of renders, C4Ds, textures, Brushes, etc. It isn't a new idea but this site certainly has some polish.

This is literally a site dedicated to Signature making tutorials. It has taught me a lot in the dozen or so I have done.

This is the lesson plan I have been following as of late over and over.

Not to mention there are a number of just simple Graphics websites all over the internet that have forums full of tutorials, individuals that can help you just by asking, and also sometimes tutoring programs.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:47 PM   #46856
BZero
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BZero Send a message via MSN to BZero
Awesome, thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:28 PM   #46857
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
I would also suggest seriously taking the time to look up Brush, C4D effect, and C4D packs on Deviant Art. They are a life saver especially when a signature is suddenly going awry or you need a particular look that sometimes certain tutorials don't account for.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:12 PM   #46858
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

"Popular with Members Like You
Justin Bieber Never Say Never"

Oh, fuck you, Netflix. Fuck. You.
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:04 AM   #46859
Sioux

It is really weird to be back among my people again. Everyone is as much a Native American if not more so than I could ever be. Just being around a large group shows how much white genes I have getting a look at my General Health & Wellness class.

Outside of myself and a small handful of white teenagers, most of my class looks like they could be Indian doubles on the set of any old west TV mini series.

I just wonder what my Lakota culture and Sioux history class is going to be like tomorrow. Hell, I think I'll probably be one of the only mixed bloods in my Lakota Language class.

On that note I am also quite worried. I am about to learn a language not based on latin...I am scared.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:21 AM   #46860
Aether
Just call me the trasher of bots

Send a message via MSN to Aether Send a message via Skype™ to Aether
Well if it makes you feel any better, English isn't actually a romantic language (which many people believe it is) but a Germanic based dialect. So technically you already know one non-Latin based dialect

Shaman | Death Knight
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote