Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Ok, Here we go. - Page 3141 - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > Chat Forums > The Asylum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 158 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old Apr 2, 2012, 05:53 AM   #47101
Tallulah

Send a message via MSN to Tallulah
Argh, that's annoying. No gamer should have to put up with that! :/

Thanks to Aether for the Kadaj set!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2012, 01:40 PM   #47102
BZero
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BZero Send a message via MSN to BZero
The load times in the PAL PSX version of FFVI are un-frickin-bearable! I just had to stop early in the WoR because I couldn't take it anymore. Had already beaten it on a SNES emulator before it was released here, anyway...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 09:31 AM   #47103
Tallulah

I always found the load times okay. Maybe cos I have the patience of a saint, usually.

*sigh* I wish Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was real...

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, you'll have the time of your life! ~ Billy Connolly

Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever... when love must die? ~ Freddie Mercury
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:44 AM   #47104
Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix
This.. I don't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFhEgIqSu8

Why?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:12 AM   #47105
Tallulah

^What is thay I don't even.

Funny though.

Had a right laugh at work today, for once. Kev kept teasing me about 'supposedly' fancying Johnny, who was totally playing up to it. He was all likr; "So, I hear you're singl now..." But really he was very nice about the whole thing and helped me talk it out. It really helped.

I also found out that Paul's new girlfriend is a complete dog, at least this what Gareth said. I lol'd so hard when Johnny reported this to me. A little Schadenfreude never hurt anyone.

That said, it might have been his sister. She fits the vague unflattering description I was given; blonde, fat and 'like an elephant'. (Gareth's words, not mine!)

Also, Johnny said the sweetest thing whilst we were discussing the situation. He said "Well, he couldn't do much better than you." D'awwwwww...

Old Apr 7, 2012, 02:41 PM   #47106
Yami DTL
Kimi no kokoro ni donna hana ga saku no

Send a message via AIM to Yami DTL
I beat Radiant Historia on Thursday. Practically 100%ed it. Completed all 236 Nodes (doing every side quest is needed basically), and I think I got at least one of every single item (even the equipment). Only thing I didn't do is get all the characters to level 99.

The story was interesting, the music was great (I really liked it), and the characters were decent. The ending got me a bit emotional from the music and dialogue. ^^; Made me happy that I got the True Ending though.

I enjoyed playing the game.
Yami DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:09 PM   #47107
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

Hey, B. You shouldn't have gone home. hahahah
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:23 AM   #47108
BZero
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BZero Send a message via MSN to BZero
What?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 07:44 AM   #47109
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
...Dear god, I hate forgetting items in games.

I get halfway through Timber before I forget that I didn't grab the Lamp from Cid before I left Balamb Garden...

Yep, 22and a half hours of progress gone.

Though, my second time starting I remembered to snag the Occult Fan #1 before I left and I powered through 3 hours of Card games/Card Modding and snagged a ton of crucial late game spells for Junction abusing. >:3
Old Apr 8, 2012, 08:01 AM   #47110
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Tribal View Post
What?
Family dinner yesterday. My family, my uncle, my aunt, and aunt's daughter. Then your parents came by, and then the neighbour came by and we all got mighty drunk.
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 08:37 AM   #47111
Tallulah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
...Dear god, I hate forgetting items in games.

I get halfway through Timber before I forget that I didn't grab the Lamp from Cid before I left Balamb Garden...

Yep, 22and a half hours of progress gone.

Though, my second time starting I remembered to snag the Occult Fan #1 before I left and I powered through 3 hours of Card games/Card Modding and snagged a ton of crucial late game spells for Junction abusing. >:3
Aw no! How can you forget the Magic Lamp? I alwaus thought you got it automatically. Guess you don't.

I always used to miss the battle meter, which you're supposed to get ib Cid's office right after he confers your SeeDship upon you. I remember the guide talking about it, and the upgrade you get at the prison, and I was like: "Huh?"

How I wish my English version still worked. Though I do suspect the console itself is beginning to fail; three copies of Final Fantasy X and none of them work!

Old Apr 8, 2012, 08:45 AM   #47112
Sioux

Send a message via AIM to Sioux Send a message via MSN to Sioux Send a message via Skype™ to Sioux
Quote:
How I wish my English version still worked. Though I do suspect the console itself is beginning to fail; three copies of Final Fantasy X and none of them work!
Dear god, you poor woman.

My X still works but I am never touching that game again. I beat every monster and touched 99,999 damage. I am never going to re-play to that point ever again. It took wayyy too long.

Now if I could somehow get a hold of and play an International Version then I would think about it never being able to fight Penance in the American version.

Though, I am bent on playing through all of the Final Fantasy game besides the ones I have conquered like X. I am just playing through VIII for nostalgia sake.

IX is next and throughout the rest of the year I plan on buying I, II, IV, V, VI, and Tactics on the PSN and then I am probably going to invest or get one or both of my parents to snag me a DS for my birthday so I can experience Final Fantasy III finally.

Yes, I have plans. Nerdy time consuming plans.

Oh and XII. Everytime I get far enough to finally get to the good stuff like getting the best weapons, armor, and power leveling to the highest one can go before approaching the end of the game/last handful of hunts life gets in the way. I love XII so but it is a frustratingly long title in terms of extra crap...
Old Apr 8, 2012, 02:56 PM   #47113
Yami DTL
Kimi no kokoro ni donna hana ga saku no

Send a message via AIM to Yami DTL
The only reason why I decided to go for getting every item in Radiant Historia was because nothing was really missable in it. I could just go back to any area at any time, buy something, beat an enemy (for a rare item drop) or steal from them, and look for something I didn't find before. Pretty convenient.
Yami DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 03:21 PM   #47114
Frei

Send a message via MSN to Frei Send a message via Skype™ to Frei
Normally I would say "I don't understand anyone playing FFVIII of their own free will."

However I have the bug and an irresistible desire to play it right now. What's even wrong with me?!
Frei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 03:55 PM   #47115
Sioux

Bah, it is an okay game that starts out reasonably well...the plot sort of just fizzles out into a poorly executed mess leaving behind the utter sham that is the Junction system, the characters, and bare game design to hold the last disc together with scotch tape and a prayer. The odd thing is the end of the game offers a pretty good explanation to everything and proves once more that when a Final Fantasy boss tries to mess with time they lose badly.

I actually didn't mind the awkward romance developing between Rinoa and Squall all that much even as Twilight-esque as it is at times. I even actually liked all of the Laguna stuff especially once you realize his painfully tragic connection to Squall and Ellone. I seriously teared up the first time I finished the game.

My issue was always with a large part of the story line all hinging on the "oops, we all conveniently forgot..." thing. As much as I like this game that still doesn't go over well at all and not to mention that part takes forever to get through.

Oh well. I still enjoy this game even with it's flaws. Though, a random fan review I read sometime back I think said it best, "FF VIII's only real problem is that it came out following FF VII". Besides the thin plot and some minor gripes I think this is rather true. FF VII for all I don't like about it did set a rather high bar.